Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fitness Things; HaHA! I Win!

At the end of March I joined the Kool Kids Klub and finally got an iPhone. The main reason I wanted it was for the camera. I'd never been a big "apps person", so app compatibility wasn't #1 on my reason for the switch.  Of course, I immediately started to download apps. I have to have the mark. app, and instagram, and scramble with friends, etc. Now that I had Instagram, I had to do a photo-a-day to get the ball rolling, right? Isn't that what people do?
Then I found this. It's the Team Beachbody April 2012 Photo a Day Challenge. You had be a member of teambeachbody.com, submit one photo a day to the designated message board and you're entered to win whatever the prize of the day was. I submitted for something like 7 or 8 of the 30 days. I took pictures for more, but only posted them on Instagram or Twitter because I was lazy and was really only doing it for fun. April 30th rolled around and I hadn't won anything. No big deal. I wasn't playing to win. I was just playing. So, I submitted my Day 30 photo and went about my day...
#after
When I woke up on May 1st, I had a one new email notification on my phone, subject line: "You are the April 30, 2012 Team Beachbody Photo of the Day Winner!"...I took a moment to process and then...

I WON! I WON! I WON!

I was so pumped the rest of the day. I spent half the day google-ing what I would get. I emailed them to ask, but they didn't respond. All I knew was "deluxe copy of P90X", but when I looked at the website, there was no deluxe copy. Some independent coaches websites listed all this stuff, so I was uncertain...until yesterday. I got home from work to find 3 big boxes on my porch. One box full of the brand new mark. hair care line I am super excited about (but I'll save that for another day), and two boxes full of amazing Beachbody treats and toys. Ok, they're only treats and toys if you're an at-home-fitness junkie, like moi, but LOOOOOK!


My snazzy-pants P90X Deluxe Set INCLUDES:
          1 set of P90X workout DVDs
          1 P90X Nutrition Guide
          1 P90X Fitness Guide
          1 P90X Pull Up Bar
          3 Resistance bands
          1 50 serving tub of Results and Recovery formula (This is my FAVORITE. It tastes like Orange Julius and takes me back to my childhood walking around the Fallbrook Mall when it was all indoor)
          1 30 day supply of Chocolate Shakeology
and
          1 30 day supply of Tropical Strawberry Shakeology

Coolest...Thing...Ever. 

Want to know something kinda silly? Too bad, I am going to tell you anyway.

I was most excited about winning because my P90X Legs & Back dvd is scratched up, and winning meant I would get a new Legs & Back dvd. *giggle*

My coach sent me samples of Shakeology a little while ago. I wanted to see if they were good enough that I would want to spend $4 a day on protein/supplement shakes. I really liked the chocolate one, but thought the strawberry one was weird. Now I have a 30 day supply to find out if there's a recipe out there I will love. :) Sweet!

I don't know what this means in terms of whether or not I will continue to buy these products once I finish with my winnings. I do know that I LOVE me some reminiscing over a protein rich, electrolyte enhanced  Orange Julius. I just love the idea of it, actually.

Side note: I just found out the closest place I can go to relive my childhood with a real Orange Julius is Northridge. Bah. Good thing I can now drink them at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment