My name is Alyssa. Welcome. I'm happy you're here.
I'm in my early 30's. I'm a wife, daughter, sister, yogi, baker, and soon-to-be mommy who loves to laugh, sing, dance and smile. I'm a firm believer that my life goal should be to be happy and there are things I can do every day to accomplish that goal.
Here are some things I've done:
In 2011, I married my best friend. I know it's a cliche, but it's true, so we can all deal.
We adopted a dog, an amazing Belgian Malinois pup, who has taught me a few things about unconditional love. I am constantly covered in dog hair. I like to think of it like Panda is with me everywhere I go.
We bought a house in 2010 - good bones, but a major fixer-upper. Over the last few years, we've been turning it into a cozy home.
I spent the better part of 2014 growing a human into existence.
Over the years, I've learned how to take care of myself - that exercise is good, that I can hold myself accountable, and if you're in the right head space, it can even make you a happier person.
|Oh, that's my dad in the background, by the way.|
This is my incredibly handsome, intelligent and well-spoken husband.
He's really my husband. I have pictures of us together...we're dressed in wedding clothes. It's crazy.
He supports me in my crazy journey and guides me and makes me feel like I belong in the conversation with this really smart guy.
This is Panda.
Yes, I know she doesn't look like a panda bear.
We adopted her in April 21st, 2010, when she was just 12 weeks old.
This picture was taken on April 21st, 2012.
She is my first baby.
On December 12, 2014, I became the luckiest lady on the planet when my little yoga baby was born.
He. is. seriously. the. best.
He changed my life in more ways than I ever could have imagined, but I like to think he makes me a better person, and his wonderful energy makes me a better mama.
Here are some other random facts about me:
· I am a legit yoga instructor - so is my mom.
· My favorite color is purple, but I hardly keep any purple around.
· I’m a little bit of a workout addict.
· I make a lot of lists and then lose or forget about them.
· I never ate peanut butter & jelly sandwiches as a kid.
· I snort when something funny catches me by surprise... which is a lot.
· If you ask my husband where my son gets his middle name, he'll tell you Teddy Roosevelt. If you ask me - Alvin & the Chipmunks.
· I’m terrified of cooking fish.
· I studied rhetoric in college and have a semester of grad school under my belt.
· I know how to weld.