Friday, August 17, 2012

Too Much Free Time; I Miss My Husband

*written on Wednesday, 8/15

Every marriage is different. Every couple has a different dynamic that works for them. Some couples are around each other all the time, others have more time apart, and others barely see each other during their waking hours.
My husband is my best friend. Duh. He makes me laugh the most and he makes me feel beautiful and intelligent. We try to spend as much time as possible together without spending every waking moment together.
We both have full time 9-5(ish) gigs, and we both like to workout about an hour 6 days a week - sometimes 5, sometimes 7, we see how we feel ;)

So that leaves the weekend and a few hours each evening. Then there's the usual evenings-worth of stuff to to do - make dinner, clean up dinner, run the laundry, fold the laundry, take out the trash, etc. When you think about it, that doesn't leave much time to just hang out. I shudder to think what will happen if/when we have kids.

Lately, he's been traveling a lot for work. Two days here, four there, a day trip here. He works in education technology, so with school starting, he's been super busy. This time he's been gone since before the sun came up on Sunday.

Right now this is my favorite picture from our wedding. I look at it and I see us.


I've always considered myself to be a pretty independent person - I think it's a middle child thing - but here I am, four days into hub's 2nd work trip in a two week span and I just flat out miss him. Yeah, I miss his hugs and smile and all the things he says that make me snort at the ridiculousness, but I also miss the TV always being on. I miss the sound of sports news guys in the other room while I wash the dishes. I miss the yelling and cursing at the television, and I miss the way the floor thuds when he walks up to the kitchen to get a pop.

I also can't believe I just said 'pop', but I'm leaving it there.

Having him gone for so long makes me feel like I take him for granted when he's home.

So, today is Wednesday. Wednesday wednesday wednesday. Nothing like Sunday sunday sunday.
Friday friday friday will be one month until our very first anniversary of husband-wife-dom.

We're going on a mini-break. Isn't that what Bridget Jones called a weekend away in her Diary?

When we're on our mini-break, we will take more pictures like this...

And then we will eat one year old cake and I will tell him that now I think I could make a better rum cake... and it will have more pecans and more joyful custard, and he will agree.

We will kiss and it will be better than now because he will not be away.

*Wedding photos by Eight20 Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment