Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oh, hey there, Saturday; #7



We have entered the modern age! We now have fast enough internet that both Tim and I can be on the internet at the same time and it doesn't impact our browsing speed! It felt like it took forever to set it up, but it's finally working. I have 6 tabs open, Tim's playing Modern Warfare and it's awesome.

It's Halloween weekend! We don't get any trick-or-treaters at our house (we're hidden in the back of a condo complex), but I like to get a little festive anyway. We just bought a few pumpkins - which I'm thinking about painting - and put them out on the patio. We also stocked up on fun-size candy, like these teeny tiny bags of teeny tiny gummi bears. You should have seen me at the store when we found them. I may have squealed.

Last night when I got home from work, I swept up the patio. The Santa Anas have been coming through town, so all the tree scraps from the entire neighborhood were on our patio. I should have taken a picture of the pile. It was too big for our giant broom. I heart having a nice clean patio. It's so much more relaxing.

Yesterday was also a big day for Alyssa's wardrobe. My pants from Old Navy came. They are too small :( So, I'm planning a trip out to exchange them today. I did buy myself two new shirts, which I later realized are very similar in color scheme. At least they're not black. Baby steps.

Today is a big cooking/baking day for me! I've got sour dough rising (when do I not?), all the ingredients for pumpkin gnocchi, and a recipe for sugar cookies. All I need are a couple Halloween cookie cutters and maybe some more parchment for pastry bags.

Happy Saturday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment