Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Life In Yoga



There has been a lot happening in my yoga life lately. So much so that it only seemed appropriate to use this Thursday's Be Happy post to talk about it.

First of all, I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to sub in some amazing classes over the last couple of weeks. I am so grateful to have had these opportunities and it looks like they'll be continuing for a little while since I have a Memorial Day lunchtime class planned and I am slated to sub a 6am restorative class twice a week for 5 weeks. If you're in the West SF Valley area and looking for some yoga, it would be great to see your beautiful faces.

Next, last weekend I completed my certificate to teach Postnatal and Mommy/Baby yoga. Above is the picture of our graduating class. I'm so happy and proud to have been a part of this group of incredible ladies. I am also so so so excited to start teaching mommies and babies. I already reached out to some of my mommy friends on facebook and have gotten a really good response!
This was also kind of the catalyst for me to decide to register for Yoga Alliance. I already started the process, but I need to upload copies of all my certificates.

And finally, I've been working on challenging myself more during my at-home solo practice - pushing myself beyond what I teach my beginners so that I can create a challenging class for all of my potential students - and last night I had an amazing solo practice. Around and hour and 5 minutes with a little bit of everything. I did a shortened savasana, but my forward folds at the end kind of got me the mental break I needed.  It was really great, and I can't wait to continue to improve in my own practice and take my experiences into my classes.

Join the linkup!


No comments:

Post a Comment