Friday, February 7, 2014

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 5



Wednesday morning I taught Mommy & baby - we had a good little workout going. I wasn't even doing all of it and I worked up a sweat. That night I was back in the studio for another bad ass yoga practice. By the time we were finishing up the flow, I was exhausted. She cued an arm balance for those who wanted to try it and I didn't even try... but then we went through that whole series on the left side, and something told me to try it. So, from lizard, I tucked my shoulder underneath my left knee, straightened that leg, shifted my weight forward and BAM! I was flying! I've tried this arm balance before, but was never able to get the right weight distributions. I couldn't get my back toes of the ground. This time I was even playing with taking my back leg to different heights. Hooray for new accomplishments!

Thursday night I taught a private yoga lesson with my wonderful friend. It is such a joy to be able to spend time with her and teach and practice yoga. I get to do most of the practice while leading and adjusting. So, I don't feel like I missed my night of exercise. It's pretty awesome.

Friday night I decided to get back to Ashtanga. Last time I went I wasn't super challenged, but I think that had a lot to do with the number of beginners in class. This week was very different. There were so many different levels in the class - some brand new yogis, some ashtanga pros, and me, a seasoned yogi with very little ashtanga experience - they for the last half hour of class, he guided us individually. It was weird, but it worked.

Saturday I took Antigravity yoga in the early morning and in the afternoon I headed over to the gym with my hubby and just did a half an hour on the elliptical and some stretching.

Sunday was boxing. I wasn't totally wiped out afterward, so I ran a mile and did some fun stretching.

Monday I went back for more antigravity yoga - level 2 this time! Word. It was about the same level of difficulty, but it moved so much faster. We did some really cool stuff. There's a workshop coming up next week that I really want to try. I'll let you know if I make it to that.

Tuesday boxing again! There was traffic, so class started a little late. I guess Joseph felt like he needed to make up for the late start, so he put on some crazy fast music. The whole idea is that you move/hit with the music, so keeping up was a huge challenge. I definitely felt like I got my full workout in.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment