Monday, May 16, 2016

Currently; May 2016



It's been a super long time since I've done one of these, so I figured, what the heck!? If you're interested in what I've been upto lately and whats all goings on and such. Keep reading...

Currently I'm...

Reading...
Very slowly working my way through Room. It's pretty interesting so far, but I just don't have the quiet time I used to to actually get into a book. I'm still enjoying it though.

Watching...
We've been super into YouTube. Having talks (with my hubs) about starting a channel, but I know thats a really big time commitment and I'm not sure I want to be one of those people who just talks to themselves everywhere... oh wait, I do that anyway. :P
Shows I'm enjoying right now are Jane the Virgin, Last Week Tonight, Game of Thrones, @Midnight, aaaaand Silicon Valley. If you're not on the Jane the Virgin train, seriously, its amazing. Get into that.


Listening to...
Amazon Music, and stuff I hear in fitness classes that I immediately go and download. I was a little obsessed with Zero by Chris Brown because its SO SO SO good to power box to. I do hate myself a little bit for that because Chris Brown is a terrible person.

Struggling with...
Energy, y'all. Every day. Being a working mom and staying fit is hard. Eating is such a balancing act too. I need to start calling it a night at 9pm, but there is still too much to do every night, so I'm dealing with a bit of sleep deprivation. Just a bit.

Inspired by...
This is gonna sound so lame, but I am so inspired every day by my son. He makes me want to be better, so I can keep helping him be amazing at everything.

Workouts are...
Pretty f*cking kick ass. Haha. I have that, at least. I'm working out 6 days a week right now, and I am working HARD every. single. time. No messing around. I'm on a very rigid schedule because if I don't workout during those allotted times, I don't workout (#momlife). I've been taking Body Pump twice a week, boxing usually once a week, Body Blast once a week, yoga when I can - I think I'm gonna try and get back into Monday night yoga, and starting this weekend, hubs wants me to train in some power lifting with him. He thinks I can lift a lot more than I think I can lift... but I'll let you know.

Eating...
Hubs and I are "cutting". I use that term loosely. We have a Mexico trip planned for the end of the summer, so we are trying to decrease body fat by then so we look amazing. We've only been cutting for a week and I already feel different. Insane. Basically we're increasing our protein intake and decreasing fat and carbs. We're also doing calorie restriction (because I'm not breastfeeding anymore!!!! - I haven't for 5 months) but it's less about calorie restriction and more about eating the right amounts of the right things.

Planning...
The next couple weeks we are getting our house ready to put on the market!!! That mostly means cleaning and packing, and then I'll hopefully have some kind of update as far as that goes if I get around to doing another currently post next month!

Teaching...
2 classes a week right now. Vinyasa Flow on Monday mornings and Yoga Basics Tuesday mornings. Up until the end of March, I was teaching 2 baby & me yoga classes too, but I went back to working full time instead of part time, so I couldn't teach those midday classes anymore. It was sad.

What are you upto?

No comments:

Post a Comment