Friday, September 12, 2014

Yoga Baby; Week 28



Week 28

SEVEN MONTHS! 3rd trimester, yo! Sheesh, how fast this is all going! So exciting and completely terrifying!

Here's what's happening with me and the tiny one...

Cravings: Cake. I made a chocolate bundt cake after my last post, and for the entire following week I still wanted more cake.

Aversions: Not any one thing or things in particular. Sometimes I just have zero appetite for real healthy food. I'll think to myself how I'm not hungry and food sounds terrible, but 10 seconds later I'll be on the couch with a popsicle.

Energy:  Major energy drop these last two weeks. I crash hard in the afternoons. Sometimes my energy is never that good to begin with. I pretty much feel like I could sleep all day every day.

Missing: Mostly the above. Energy. I was talking to a fellow pregnant friend about what workouts we used to do pre-pregnancy, and it really got me missing my tough workouts. I miss being able to challenge myself. I miss being better at things. Ha. I know that sounds terrible, but I really miss feeling strong.
Feeling: Like a house. To which my husband replies, "are you a brick house?"
Last weekend was rough. I was so tired, and then at the end of the day I felt like I ate too much for dinner/dessert and I felt kind of sick. There was no room in my body for the food I tried to put in it, and then it felt like of like it was taking all of my energy to try to break down this food, so I just felt bad. I needed hub's help to get up. It took both hands to push myself to seated from laying down. It was awful.

Movement: Little dude started kicking me in the ribs at the end of last week. He's strong too, so I'm a little concerned with how they'll feel as he continues to get stronger and stronger. Oy. The doctor had me start doing nightly kick counts. So far it takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes for him to kick 10 times around 9pm. He still does the occasional barrel roll, which I love, but it's beginning to feel more... obtrusive? (not sure if that's the right word) I still imagine a very large fish in a very small bowl, but the bigger he gets, the less room in the bowl, the more malleable the bowl needs to be.

Wearing: IT RAINED! (once) It didn't cool down as much as I'd hoped, and the AC is still broken at my office, but it did cool down a bit, so I got out my maternity jeans again. I got a new jersey maxi dress from Old Navy. It's red and a size medium. I still have some room in it, so I should be good to wear it comfortably for another month or so, and I finally made the switch to maternity yoga pants. I got two pair, one pair of low rise from Old Navy, and another that goes high in the front and low in the back from Target.

Yoga: is both my savior and one of the hardest things I do every week. It's getting to the point where even prenatal yoga is difficult, depending on my energy.

Can't Live Without:  Still my body pillow and ice water. Since we learned about using a stability ball in birthing class, I've been using it to lean over while hubs massages my hips and low back. I wasn't in a lot of pain really until this last week. Now it's still not unbearable, but I'm noticeably uncomfortable throughout most of the day, so it's really nice that I can lean over this ball (instead of laying on my stomach) and he can massage my back.

Getting Ready? We're going to pick up the crib and the rocker this weekend! I also ordered a mobile to hang above the changer. Did I mention we found a rug at Target? I'm thinking about putting some kind of padding underneath it since it's pretty thin, but we'll see. Doesn't that padding stuff also help it stick to the floor better?

In other news: I had my glucose tolerance test earlier this week. The drink itself is not so bad. It's easy to drink 10oz of refreshing cold anything no matter how it tastes - especially in this weather. What got to me was the hour after drinking it. I felt pretty wired and a tad jittery until I was able to eat breakfast when I got to work (an hour after I finished the test). Another thing I noticed was that it made Thor crazy active. I'm not exaggerating when I say there was a 3 hour dance party in my abdomen that morning. He was on a crazy sugar high. On the one hand, hey, that's kinda fun... but on the other, I kind of am cranky pants about giving my kid that much sugar that it made him spaz. That can't be good for him, ya know?

I'm also working on a post about various pregnancy discomforts and how I'm dealing with/working through them. If all goes according to plan, I'll have that up next week. If there is anything you're interested in that I've been leaving out of these biweekly updates, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment