Friday, September 9, 2016

Kitchen Adventures: Toddler Smoothies


 As is tradition with many toddlers, mine refuses most green vegetables. This has required a touch of creativity on my part, as the preparer of most of his food. Seriously, though, hooray for daycare providing meals when he's there. We'd probably both lose it if I had to make him these smoothies for every meal.

For now though, he ABSOLUTELY LOVES these dang smoothies. See that grubby little toddler hand trying to get his smoothie off the counter?
He gets healthy nutrients and slurps those things down in mere minutes. I kid you not. As long as there are no chunks to clog the straw, he doesn't even take breaks. His smoothie is gone before I've made my own. I even step it up a notch and use my homemade coconut milk.


This smoothie was inspired by one that we had at the Bay Club a few months back. A few days later, I was home with my bug, realized I had most of the ingredients and gave it a go. Success!






































We keep it super simple. Also, if you happen to have a nutribullet, the smaller cups are perfect size for blending these ingredients up!

Toddler Smoothies

What you'll need:

1 banana
3-5 strawberries (depending on the size), to sub blueberries, just use a handful
1 handful of spinach
1/2 cup of coconut milk

Combine your ingredients in a blender. I use this one. Blend until smooth.

Pour into a cup that will be easy for your toddler to drink thicker liquids out of. I don't think weighted straw cups would work. We like these from Skip Hop because the straw is wide enough and the cup fits his smoothies perfectly. They do leak a bit when they have water or milk in them, but I couldn't tell you if they leak smoothie because he never turns them upside down. He loves his smoothies so much...

See...


1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete