Sunday, May 1, 2011

No Progress Photos = Sadface

Before we moved, Tim and I ordered P90X and decided that we would start as soon as we were settled into our new place.
The first night we stayed here was Halloween night - and after a few weeks of making this place livable, Thanksgiving (and Thanksgiving food) was here. We started our workout plan anyway, did the P90X system for 2 weeks...and then went pretty much back to our normal lives.
The holidays were upon us and we didn't have any real schedule to work with. There was a lot of shopping, a lot of eating, a lot of fixing the house, and a lot of being "too tired" to do anything else.

We talked about working out a lot, but hardly ever got off our butts to do it. Finally, March rolled around and, with two weeks ahead of us with which to get in shape for engagement pictures, I felt the fire light under my ass.  Tim got a gym membership, and since the dog was home by herself most of the day, I decided to resume P90X.
In a mere moment, I made decision to not take progress photos - a decision that now, approximately 60 days later, I am regretting. (I didn't take them when we started working out in December either)

After 60 days of working out a minimum of 1 hour 5 days a week, some days I feel massively different/better and some days I question if I've really made any progress as all. I really believe that if I could look and see exactly where I was in terms of fitness 60 days ago, I'd feel differently, but because I didn't feel like taking pictures all those weeks ago, I can't. And that's all there is too it.

Friday was one of my bad days. I looked in the mirror and wondered why I even bother to continue working out if I'm not making any progress. It's very discouraging.

The truth is that I have made a ton of progress. Every time I look at my arms and can see how different they are. Every time I grab my legs to stretch, I am surprised at how toned they are. Even my butt is different.
The discouraging part comes from this: I still wear the same size clothes. The pants that were tight when I started in March are still tight...because I'm not losing weight. I'm gaining muscle tone (I think)...and I'm getting the impression it's a lot harder to see results around the midsection, because my core is sooo much stronger, and looks a little different, but it's not nearly the difference I'm seeing in my arms and legs.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment