Friday, November 21, 2014

Yoga Baby; Week 38



Week 38

We are full term. Now the waiting begins...

Here's what's happening with me and the tiny one...

Cravings: Same old same old. Mac, peppermint/chocolate things, lemonade, french fries. I don't always want them. but if presented with them, I will eat them without fail.

Aversions: I've been better about this. Luckily hubs does most of the cooking, but I've started frozen meal prep, so I can't say I'm averse to cooking. ;)

Energy:  Everything is exhausting. 

Missing: I had a couple instances recently where I thought it would be really nice to open a bottle of wine, but then I realize I can actually do that relatively soon, so I don't get all wallowy about it.

Movement: Every movement is big and uncomfortable for me. I love that he is moving. I get so much peace of mind, but dude, the things he pushes to get them out of his way are not supposed to move. Sometimes he feels like he gets stuck (which I'm sure he does because he's rather large now) and I'll feel a sharp, jerky movement like a quick awkward knee popping  in and out of somewhere. 

Feeling: All the feelings

Wearing: Same as last time.  We did have a couple of warm days when I was back in a tank top, but I'm happy to be finally getting some decent wear out of my jeans. I'm even wearing one of my new sweaters today. Hooray!

Yoga: Not sure how many more power yoga classes I'm gonna make it to, but once I go on leave I'll be able to take a few more prenatal yoga classes each week that won't conflict with my work schedule. It's weird to go from class where the peak pose is a series of one legged balance poses, to one where we basically just stretch until we go up into down dog. 

Can't Live Without:  Still ice water. Still my body pillow. Pjs are becoming increasingly important. 

Getting Ready? Yeah. I mean... I don't think we'll ever be really ready, but we finished all our classes, dude's room is done. His clothes are washed. We've got a big weekend of cooking planned. Hubs is making red beans and rice and I'm making frozen burritos. In-laws are coming up this weekend to help, I think, but I'm not sure what they're going to do. 
As far as fun things go, hubs and I are going on a date tonight. Woot. I'm going to see Hunger Games with my sister and a girlfriend this afternoon, and next week I have a mani/pedi planned before Thanksgiving. 

I think that just about sums it up. This may be my last pregnancy update, which is super weird, but it also may not be. We shall see, we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment