Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kitchen Adventures; Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



You know I was sick last week, right? I vitamined and juiced and fluided (totally not words) it up like crazy and I really only had one day when I couldn't take three steps without needing my box of tissues. By Sunday, I was ready to tackle the gym again, and ready to get back in the kitchen. So, that's exactly what I did.

There was a request for cookies, so cookies it was... sshhh, don't tell him I wanted to make cookies anyway...
Having never made pumpkin cookies before, I decided to go for it...

and there would have to be chocolate chips... and walnuts. Yes.



My favorite thing about these cookies are the spices you add to make it taste like a pumpkin pie cookie.

For that reason, and that reason alone, I think I could have lived without the chocolate chips here. I mean, chocolate chips are amazing, but sometimes all you need is a little walnut and those ginger, clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg flavors just shine.




The recipe I chose for these cookies was gigantic. Seriously too many cookies, so I halved it, which left me with a weird amount of dough left... that I promptly turned into a giant cookie cake.



Recipe Adapted from Food Network

1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground clove
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 f. Grease a cookies sheet and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. When egg is fully incorporated, beat in canned pumpkin and vanilla extract.
About a half a cup at a time, beat in the flour until evenly mixed in. Then beat in the baking soda and spices.
With a spoon or spatula, mix in the chocolate chips (and walnuts).

Once everything is mixed in evenly, dollop the dough onto your cookie sheet in heaping spoonfuls.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until edges are golden.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment