Sunday, October 6, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 40



Happy October, y'all! I know everyone's said it already, but I really cannot believe it's already October. Wasn't it July yesterday?

Now that it's cooling down some, I've been taking some of my workouts back home with my favorite workout dvds. (yay) It gets crazy hot in our house and I don't like to blast the A/C when I can just go to the gym.

Sunday, we recommenced our new tradition; Cardio Sunday. Slept in, went to the gym, ran 3 miles on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the recumbent bicycle, 30 minutes of elliptical, and then epic foam rolling. I cannot emphasize enough how much better I've been feeling since I hit my IT band with the foam roller. It's changed my world. I'm still kind of surprised.

Monday night I almost crashed on the couch and caught up on my DVR'd episodes of Bones - which are so so bad, btw, so so bad - but I watched for 20 minutes and then got my but up off the couch and popped X2 Total Body and X2 Ab Ripper into the DVD player. So glad I did. Even though I skipped the pull-ups sections, I still kept working out - usually pushups or flies or just something that would keep my upper body working.

Tuesday I was back at Cardio Barre. I felt amazing. I swear I had a little upturn to my lips the whole class. Every time I did something I had a hard time with last time I took class, I giggled to myself. It was still a sharp reminder that I am not 100 % back in my right leg, but I am so much further along now. It's really incredible. It makes me get a little misty eyed.

Wednesday I was all set to activate a yoga groupon I got a little while back, but I decided I didn't want to drive to Encino and instead I would go to the gym with my honey. I just did a quick 3 mile treadmill run and then got back to stretching out my legs.

Thursday night I taught my class. I was only away from it for a week, but it felt weird to be back - like I had been gone much longer than I really had been. After I taught, I made a quick run over to the gym and just did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I tried to push myself, but I was feeling a little lethargic that night, so it was hard to get my motivation up.

Friday I got stuck at work late and by the time I'd gotten home and changed, I lost my motivation. So, I ate a healthy dinner and called it a night.

Saturday we headed to the gym around noon. I did a 3 mile run on the treadmill and then about 40 minutes of yoga in the empty studio. I could have kept going, but when hubs came in and told me he was done, I realized how tired I was too and we went home.

How was your week?

Just FYI, this month my friend Jenai (also a yoga teacher) is hosting a yoga photo challenge on instagram. I decided to do it, so for most of the rest of the month, I'll probably be using those pictures for my yoga/workout recap posts. :) This first one is Day 3; One Leg

No comments:

Post a Comment