Monday, October 21, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 42



This week was kind of weird - having to readjust to working out post sickness. I tried to ease my way in as much as possible.

Sunday we went to the gym. I fully intended to just walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, but I got a leeeetle antsy, and ended up running a mile in there somewhere. It felt really good, but not good enough to run further than a mile. Easing myself in, remember?

Monday and Tuesday were weird. With the October 15th tax deadline, I found myself working late and getting home exhausted. So, Monday I got home and 7 and plopped myself on the couch. Really healthy, active day (no, not really), and Tuesday I got to the gym late, but decided to push myself and ran 4 miles at 6mph. It was hard. I was totally beat. I went into it thinking I would run 5 miles, but by 3.5, I knew there was no way I could make it another mile after I finished the next two laps, so I slowed down at 4 and walked the next 10 minutes.

Wednesday night I tried a new yoga studio. I bought a LivingSocial deal a little while back and I activated it just barely in time. I now have 10 classes to use in the next three months, and I will definitely be using them. It was a Level 1/2 Heated class, but it was a small class of pretty experienced yogis, so it ended up just being a lot of fun. They really took a lot of seriousness out of the practice and we just played for an hour and a half - tried new poses, helped each other out. It was great. I'm excited to go back and try more classes there.

Thursday night I was back in my class for teaching.

Friday night I ate too much and didn't work out. I'm ok with that.

Saturday I did a 4 mile adventure run from my in-laws. I don't love running, but I am a huge fan of how I feel after a run. It's amazing.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment