Friday, February 25, 2011

12 Steps, 10 Commandments, and Several Chinese Proverbs

Yesterday was kind of a momentous day for me. I finally got to do something I've been trying to do for months and months; voiceover.

A few months back, my brother-in-law introduced me to some of his friends who work at Learn Out Loud. He said they always need people to record audio books and it would be great experience if I could get in to read something.
I'd enrolled (and promptly dropped out) of a voiceover class at LA Valley College - suffice it to say that the class was not what I was looking for - but I didn't want to give up just because a class was not what I had hoped.
Even though I was swamped with house buying, moving, wedding planning, and (at the time) Christmas shopping, I managed to find the time to email one of the guys I met through my bro-in-law. He wanted me to come out a couple weeks before Christmas, but it was too short notice and I couldn't get away from my job at the time. He said that he'd get me in in January, but January came and went and no word, so I sent an email as soon as it was February. Almost 3 weeks later I heard back.
He started cc'ing the guy who would actually do the recording. We emailed back and forth for a few days to get everything scheduled and my recording session was set for yesterday, February 24, 2011.

I read three things; the 12 steps of AA (and a little bit about them), the 10 commandments (in 3 versions and a little bit about them), and a whole handful of Chinese proverbs.

One of them should be available online today - I plan on checking as soon as I have speaker access. The link will follow shortly thereafter.

Have I mentioned how freaking excited I am about this? I got some experience! That doesn't make me a pro, but it does mean that this is achievable, which is pretty damn awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment