Sunday, September 8, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 36



This week just flew by. One moment I was a week away from my half marathon and the next I was running it. I'll tell you all about it later in the week! :) For now, my workout & yoga week looked something like this...

Sunday hubs and I had a carb hangover to work off. My usual cup of coffee and a 5.5 mile treadmill run helped a ton.

Monday I got to teach Power Yoga in the morning. Later in the day, we planned to go to the gym, but we ended up napping on the couch... dude. It was necessary.

Tuesday was back to work after the long weekend. I packed up my running gear and after work headed off to the beach for my longest run yet - 9.4 miles. I had a blast listening to podcasts the whole way. Utntil podcast data + runkeeper + all the other apps I never close used up my battery and my phone died at 8.2 miles. I had (for the mathematically challenged) 1.2 miles to go to get back to my car and I ran the whole thing sans music, sans podcast and sans little notification voice telling me how far I'd gone and for how long. I was a long and lonely 1.2 miles, but I did it. It's promising.

Wednesday I skipped my workout. I did have to write a yoga bio for a special event class I'm teaching next week. More about that later too. Anyway, that sounds as my yoga for Wednesday. ;) That night I went and saw Backstreet Boys. It was amazing. I need to scour my parents' house for some photos of my friends and I in all our 1999 BSB/NSYNC obsessed glory. Then I can get you a proper post on that magic.

Thursday night no one came to my class because it was Rosh Hashana. Sometimes I forget how predominantly Jewish my area of the Valley is. So, I was surprised for a moment when no one came and then I had my "oh, duh" moment and went to the gym to run 3 miles on the treadmill.

Friday I lifted weights with hubs for a while and then did a quick one mile sprint on the treadmill.

Saturday I went to the gym, but didn't really use it. I did a 2.2 mile run around the block just to remind my legs what they were doing the next day and then stretched out for about 15 minutes.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment