Friday, December 5, 2014

Yoga Baby; Week 40



Week 40

Whelp, we made it. Today is Thor's "due date". The Universe decided we would do the full 40 and maybe a little extra, so here we are...

Here's what's happening with me and the little guy...

Cravings: No cravings. I get hungry and so I snack on whatever's around and then I don't want meals because I'm full of snacks.

Aversions: Just don't ask me what I want to eat after I've had a snack. The answer is nothing. 

Energy:  Sometimes my energy is actually really good, but don't expect me to want to stay up past 9pm.

Missing: I'm not gonna say I'm missing anything necessarily. We're so close to the end that right now there is so much I'm looking forward to - mostly getting back into shape. :P

Movement: The other night Thor was beating me up from the inside - huge, sort of violent punches. It was a little jarring, frankly. I haven't felt big kicks like that since he was much smaller, so they definitely did not feel the same.

Feeling: Impatient. I know a lot of first pregnancies go past their due dates, but I really want to meet this guy. 

Wearing: Haha, now that I've adjusted to maternity leave, I'm mostly wearing sweats - yoga pants if I go do some kind of exercise, or occasionally maternity jeans if I'm actually going somewhere, like the store or out to lunch. I would probably still be in skirts and maxi dresses, but the rain hath decided that I should be in pants. 

Yoga: I took one last power yoga class. I would still go, but really I don't want to get home so late if I don't have to. I've been going to 3 prenatal/pregnancy yoga classes a week, and yesterday I even made it to Vinyasa Flow. Truth be told, I was kind of hoping the exertion would help push me into labor. Maybe I took it too easy on myself. 

Can't Live Without:  Still ice water and my body pillow. Panda snuggles. Hugs and massages from the hubs. 

Getting Ready? The last essential thing was getting the car seat installed in my car. Hubs did that on Monday night. We got little dude some Christmas presents. They're mostly for us, so we can take adorable Christmas pictures of him. I got those washed and wrapped under the tree. I also finished his Christmas stocking. 

That's it, I guess. Next Yoga Baby post should be about a baby. They won't let me go past 42 weeks anyway, so I don't plan on doing a bump update 2 weeks from now. 

Also, sorry about the infrequency and slight monotony of my posts lately. I haven't had a ton of energy for this blog lately, so sitting down for my regular posts is just about all I can manage. I hardly even read my favorite blogs anymore. Hopefully I'll have more time for that when I'm couch-bound after I have this baby. 
In the meantime, expect radio silence for a little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment