Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Beauty Arsenal




1. Boscia B.B. Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 - I just started using BB cream - after hearing about it for ages, I finally started selecting the BB cream samples with my semi-regular Sephora orders. This was the first one I really liked. It goes on smooth and really makes me feel like my skin is damn near flawless.

2. Sephora Classic Brow Brush - I pair this with #6 to fill in my uber-light brows. It's the perfect size and shape.

3. Diorshow Iconic Mascara - I am a stickler for mascaras that are high quality and come in brown as well as the usual black. This was I can go brown for the every day and black when I go out in the evenings. I haven't been using this mascara very long, but I am already loving the brush. It goes on even and doesn't clump. I just wish it weren't quite SO waterproof. It's great for sweaty yoga classes, but kind of a pain to take off every night.

4. Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation - I like to just do a light dusting all over my face after I put on my BB cream and it stays all day.

5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - Possibly my favorite thing on the planet. It doesn't have sunscreen, so it's part of my evening regime - but I can't even begin to tell you how amazingly refreshing it is to put this stuff on every night. It's like my face can breathe. It's only just now occurred to me that I can use it during the day as long as I pair it with my BB cream, which has SPF 27. Win.

6. Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zings - I decided to try this when my former go-to brow color was out of stock. It's worked out fantastic. No regrets whatsoever.

7. bareMinerals All-Over Face Color - I use this in place of a full on bronzer - just applying lightly under my cheekbones and under my chin to slim out my naturally soft looking face a bit. I like that it comes in a variety of shades so you can determine how dark you want to go.

8. Stila Smudge Pot Gel Eyeliner - I only wear this when I'm dressing up, but it's awesome. I originally bought it for my wedding makeup, and I still use it pretty regularly. Though I don't dress up all that often. I pair it with an offset eyeliner brush, like this one and get a perfect black line as thin or thick as I want, all the way across my upper lid.

9. mark Eyeshadow Brush - I like the way this eyeshadow brush tapers to a subtle point. It allows me to get more color in the crease without getting color everywhere. It's also a really soft brush and it holds color really well, so you don't need to keep going back for more shadow.

10. bareMinerals Broad Spectrum Multitasking Face - I really only use this on days when I feel like my skin does not look awesome - if I broke out or am feeling splotchy or puffy. It's a fantastic concealer and it will stay in place all day as long as you're not messing with it.

11. mark All Over Eyeshadow Brush - This is the best eyeshadow brush I have ever owned. I probably should get a new one, but I am attached to this one and it still works fine, so I keep putting it off. It just looks a little worse for wear. I just swipe it across the shade I want to use all over my lids, the swoosh swoosh and done. It's magic. I also like to go back over lightly with this brush for a little subtle blending.

12. Clinique All About Shadow Duo - My current go-to eyeshadows. I use the light all over the lid, and then I do like a half moon shape catching at the my upper liner and curving around into the crease. I love these nuetral colors for every day. The dark is just the right amount of dark that it can be taken to either extreme for a super nuetral look, or a night out look.

That pretty much covers it for my current makeup regime. Do you have any favorites you're obsessed with? I'd love to hear about them.
My favorites are changing all the time. There are so many great products out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment