Friday, February 28, 2014

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 8



Wednesday night I taught mommy & baby in the morning. One of the babies was getting over a cold, so I got to hang out with her while mommy did fun planking exercises. That night I was in a funk and, it turned out, so were a lot of people in power yoga. We were just a low energy crew, so the class started out kinda slow, but it really picked up. We built a crazy long series and then a bunch of people started working on handstands. It was cool.

Thursday night I did yoga with my friend Jenny. We did some new stuff. I was in a weird rewind mode, so we'd go through a series and then to do the other side, we'd switch sides mid-series and go backwards. It was fun. We also did a lot of core and leg work, which is easy to forget you're doing in yoga because you don't have to do a lot of reps - you just hold a lunge and breathe for extended periods of time.

Friday  I had a lump in my throat, but I took a bunch of vitamins and went to Ashtanga. I felt great afterward, but as I look back it probably wasn't a good idea.

Saturday I cancelled my private yoga lesson and for exercise I WALKED on the treadmill. It was excruciating not being able to run because I didn't want to push myself and stay sick longer, but I did want to be active in some way.

Sunday I thought maybe I could do an easy workout, but I ended up doing nada. My big adventure was a trip to lululemon to pick out my top to wear when I teach there on March 10th. My husband went to the gym and went to the driving range and I sat at home on the couch and ate too much.

Monday I cancelled my private and got a sub at the studio, and only worked a half day. I did a baby bike ride before the sunset just because I needed to do something. Other than that, it was me and the couch all day.

Tuesday night I brought my yoga mat up from the car and I did a slow/easy yoga practice on my own. I just did a series of half suns, sun As, and sun Bs - about 10 of each. Then some light stretching and a shoulder warm up for the #inversionsmakeyouhot pose that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment