Friday, October 24, 2014

Yoga Baby; Week 34

Week 34

With just about 6 weeks to go, I am already feeling huge, but taking my weekly pictures has been a shock. 

Here's what's happening with me and the tiny one...

Cravings: All I want are carbs and sweets. I still don't crave specific things - except I NEEDED to make these cookies last week (and I did). 

Aversions: Cooking. Haha, oh, that's not an aversion, that's just laziness. I have been better about eating vegetables though. Hoorah!

Energy:  I've been napping almost every day. On weekends I'll nap for an hour +. Weekdays they're shorter and usually just a little pre-bedtime shut-eye. BUT I did have a really great workout on Monday. I wrote about it a little bit in my weekly workout recap, but I started dance central spotlight with such lightness! It was such a nice change from my new norm of lumbering around. 

Missing: So close to the end, I have really been missing wine. We signed up for a wine club and the first shipment comes in November. Hubby promised to wait until I can share with him to open any of the bottles, but they'll be staring at me, taunting me for a few weeks.

Movement: Lots of kicks right up on top. I think that means he's head down, but I'm gonna check with the doc at my next appointment. It's cool because it's an easy place to rest my hand and he just pounds away right where my arm is. I think he's still moving and flipping about sometimes though because the kicks move and sometimes I think I feel his head or his little boney bum. 

Feeling: Squished. Sitting in chairs is one of the most uncomfortable things, unless I'm reclined. I prefer standing or laying down. In related news, I'm pretty sure I've actually started having the occasional Braxton Hicks contraction. I've heard of a lot of people having them earlier, so I thought maybe I was having them and not feeling them or not having them at all, but I don't see how what I felt could possibly be anything else. Fun times. Get to tell my doc about those at my next appointment too.  

Wearing: More! I am so happy to type this. I love that I have been able to wear jeans and sweaters a few times the last couple of weeks. My mom and I also went on a little shopping trip last weekend and found some layerable tops for me. I got two new open cardigans and three tops that *should* grow with me. No sweat if they don't though. I have no qualms spending the last couple of weeks wearing oversized husband tshirts. I already slept in one the other night. I looked like I was wearing a tent, but I was comfortable so it was a win overall. 

Yoga: I accidentally took a couple weeks off of power yoga. My evenings got a little wonky with subbing and guitar lessons and such, but I went back last week and it was TOOOUGH! I have been making it to prenatal yoga almost every week. It's always such a relief because we really focus on 

Can't Live Without:  Mostly ice water lately. I am the most thirsty person on the planet. 

Getting Ready? I have started a pile of boxes in the baby's room. So far, one contains a jumparoo, one an activity gym, a cloth diaper sprayer - all things that need to be assembled or installed. I'm going to put the jumperoo in the garage for the next few months or so. No need to assemble that now. My shower is this weekend, so I'm sure I'll have a ton to do starting next week. 
We're still working on life insurance. Bleh. It's in progress though. It was tough to coordinate a phone call with our broker agent guy. 
I've also (finally) started researching disability and leave. My office has never had a pregnant employee before - to give you an idea of how small our company is - so we have to build a policy from scratch. Surreal. I've also set a tentative last day of work, which is less than a month away. I feel pretty confident about what I need to do to apply for disability. 
We had our hospital tour last week, preregistered and paid for our hospital stay. So when little dude's birthday comes around, we just show up and the hospital, I have a baby, and then we go home. 

I'm feeling generally unprepared - especially as December looms ever nearer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment