Thursday, December 13, 2012

And then the holidays were stressful

This week started off on the wrong foot when, on the way to work on Monday, I was in a car accident. I'm not going to go into detail, but it happened and it was rough. I held it together through all the "jive" (as my dad put it). Phone calls to our insurance agent and adjuster, talking to the CHP and tow truck drivers, getting chauffeured by my husband to the tow lot, back home and then to my parents' to borrow a car, and finally driving into work where more phone calls ensued.
When I finished the phone calls, I guess the shock wore off and I sat at my desk thinking about what happens now.
It's Christmas time. It's the most expensive time of the year - on top of gifts, we just paid our property tax (oof). I was overwhelmed by "what ifs", and I sat there staring blankly at my computer screen, trying to let myself relinquish control, but hanging on to my plans as hard as I could.
I swallowed hard, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath.

It is what it is, I told myself. Whatever happens is going to happen and I'm not going to make it better by worrying about it.

I treated myself to fried fattening foods, chocolates, wine and cocktails (yes, both) for the rest of the day. Letting go was going to have to be life encompassing for the day.

One "person" who really helped me let go, was this lady.

I hope she makes you smile today too.


In honor of Panda's total spaz out - at one point she actually stepped on my face. ouch. - and letting go of what might be, submitting for the approval of the midnight society, I call this story...

my Be Happy linkup post.



No comments:

Post a Comment