Thursday, December 27, 2012

Into 2013...



I will be ringing in the new year in the 'Bu. My parents own a small beach house out there and are letting my sister and I call dibs on it for the night.

This year has been madness, and I can't really believe some things that happened in January through March were actually this year. 

Since this is probably the last chance I'll have to post before it's 2013, I want to take a second and appreciate some of the more monumental things that happened in 2012, as well as some of the things I'm hoping for in 2013. With plans going the way they are so far, it's looking to be a year full of adventures. 

Let's focus on the amazing, shall we?

Things that happened in 2012:

In January, a sister trip to Portland turned into a family trip. 

In February, we drove to Tahoe for a wedding. I made the cake and ended up with either altitude sickness or food poisoning. We still don't know.

I got an iPhone in March. Does that count as a monumental event? 

In April I decided I was definitely signing up for yoga teacher training and I started my research. I also cut my hair suuuuuper short. 

May we went to Italy, and it was glorious. Technically, we were still in Italy in June too. 

In July, we remodeled the kitchen ALL BY OURSELVES! (with Tim's parents)

The house was filled with new and exciting baked goods in August. I was on a kick.

In September, I ran a 10k and we celebrated our first anniversary, got sick, and didn't go on our romantic weekend getaway. 

October I started teacher training. It took over my life for November too. 

For most of December, I have been dealing with drama, but it definitely hasn't ruined the month for me. Apparently phone calls with the insurance company will be going into 2013, but - if all goes according to plan - I should have a new car on Saturday. 

As far as 2013 goes, I'm not really sure what the expect. I'd love to get the house finished and go on some amazing vacations, but we'll have to play that by ear. I am also planning on starting to teach my own yoga classes. I will be a yoga alliance certified yoga teacher come the end of January, so I'll be pounding the pavement looking for places to hire me to teach. 

I also just went back and checked my list of things I was looking forward in 2012. It looks like the universe jumped in and took over on #7. 

Wishing you all a very happy new year! I hope your 2013 is filled with joy and happiness!



No comments:

Post a Comment