Monday, May 19, 2014

30x30; Go to the Oxnard Strawberry Festival

THIS WEEKEND WAS THE STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL!

I've been wanted to go for years and this year we finally made it. It was three exhausting weekends in a row for my hubby, but since I asked him so far in advance to go with me and he knew how much I wanted to go, he agreed!

We were actually a little disappointed. We had a hard time finding strawberries. We were expecting farmers to have booths where you could buy giant baskets of berries and tons of strawberry jams, drinks, snacks...

and there was a lot of dessert - shortcake, funnel cake, strawberry pizza, chocolate covered strawberries.


But we got the first non-funnel cake strawberry thing we saw - strawberry smoothies.

They were delicious - though very sweet.



Then we hunted down a slightly less crowded booth to find some lunch. Tamales and taquitos!

They did give us some strawberries with our Mexican food. We were pleased.

After a bit more walking around, we called it a day and stopped at the Camarillo outlets on the way home. I bought a Coach purse and my honey bought himself some snazzy new Raybans. We're high rollin' discount shoppers. ;)

Overall, it was a fun day and I'm so happy I finally got to go to the Oxnard Strawberry Festival! Item number 10 on my 30 things to do before I'm 30? CHECK.

No comments:

Post a Comment