Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fit Mama; Week 6


Monday was a holiday. Hubs was home so I planned to take power yoga from one of my teachers (woman who taught me to teach)! The website didn't say anything about a sub, so when I showed up and saw it was being taught by someone else, I have to admit I was a little bummed. It ended up being an incredible class. It was fun and unique and challenging. I was so impressed. Jill, the sub, taught such a great class!

Tuesday I got back into P90X. It was week 2 of Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. I was supposed to do Ab Ripper X too, but my fussy monkey baby would not allow it. At least I got to finish the arm workout this time. ;)

Wednesday I texted the hubs and asked him to come home a little early so I could maybe go for a jog instead of doing plyometrics. He said no and told me to suck it up and do plyo - it was a better workout anyway. Woooooooomp. I did just that, and I'm glad I did. It wasn't all that bad. It's actually easy to get through the workout when you break it up into sections - I could tell myself, "only 3 more sets to go". My dude was a boss and let me finish the workout AND shower before losing his sh*t. :P

Thursday I did back & biceps and ab ripper X. As I write this I don't remember anything in particular about the workout except telling Joe, who was in his crib next to me, how much I hate all curls and pullups. He laughed at me.

Friday afternoon my little dude and I led baby & me yoga. We danced and did squats and tummy time, and core work and pushups. It was so fun. We started late, but we still did about an hour of class.

Saturday I was not feeling Kenpo (I wonder if I'm bored with P90X? ;)). Instead I decided to do an hour of Dance Central Spotlight in the living room. I wore a 20 lb weight vest for the first 15 minutes. My plan was to wear it the whole time, but it was digging into my shoulders. Mucho uncomfortable. The game threw some new moves at me and I had a lot of fun with most of them. Hooray!

Sunday my sisters and I had a date for aerial yoga. I ended up jacking up my shoulder during the warm up. It made me suuuuuper careful for the rest of class. I skipped one silk climb altogether. Everything else I did, I just took it really easy. Then I made a quick stop at the gym and ran 2 miles on the treadmill. I'm starting to feel better about running again, but I still haven't been able to get the full 2 miles without taking a break.

That's it for last week! Look at me getting one of these posts up in a timely manner with a picture and all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment