Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kitchen Adventures; Raspberry Pecan Blondies



Monday night.

Tim stuck at work crazy late.

I sit on the couch drinking wine, inhaling gummi bears, and gathering my thoughts on my post for the next morning. Still no word on when T will be home. I put on the DVD my mom left for me on Super Bowl Sunday and tweet for baking suggestions. I'm definitely in the mood for something with raspberries. Blondies are suggested. Deal. I've never made or even eaten blondies. What better time than this glorious television filled Monday night? No better time.

Pinterest worked for me this time. More than half the raspberry blondie recipes had white chocolate in them. I didn't/don't have any white chocolate. The search continued. These looked good. And they had pecans. Winner.

Turns out, they were freaking amazing. I even had them for breakfast the next morning. No regrets.

How had I never made blondies before? This seemed downright blasphemous.

Butter is melted and brown sugar is stirred in - followed closely by eggs and flour.


Then everything else - baking powder, vanilla and nuts. Pecans are my favorite.

Raspberries go in last because you have to be gentle with them.


Then bake. The ridiculous easiness of this recipe was astounding to me. Everyone should make blondies. Always.


The recipe I used called for this foil wrap of the pan, which was a little weird, but made getting it out of the pan suuuuuuper easy. Next time I will use parchment though. Then, you know, chop and consume.


... and try to be more patient than I was. They look a whole lot prettier if you let them cool first. ;)

Raspberry Pecan Blondies
Recipe adapted from My Recipes

1 cup AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
8 tbsp (1 stick) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar (I used dark)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and foil a 8x8 square baking dish. You want to have about an inch of foil or parchment over the edge of the pan. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and then the egg. Then flour and baking powder - stir until evenly combined. Fold in chopped pecans, then gently fold in raspberries - careful not to smash or break them.

Pour into your greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Allow to cool. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment