Monday, February 11, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 6

Buttons would like to come inside, please, Panda. 

Sorry I'm later than usual getting this post up. This weekend was a little bit of madness, but no excuses. It is what it is.

Sunday was a crazy busy day - with the superbowl and having people over - but I got myself up early to observe Tracee's class at 8:30am. When I got there, there was no Tracee, but rather, a sub named Ania - who I'm still not sure gets us credit for observation - and two of my fellow trainees trying to get their hours in.  There was a big misunderstanding between Ania and the studio. She thought the class was 8-930 and they scheduled it from 830-10, so now she was going to have to leave early, SO, she had us teach the last 30 or so minutes of class. We took turns, each teaching 2 or 3 poses before I took them into savasana. It was great to teach a real class - and kind of on a whim too. Pretty awesome. Then I took Wayne's Power Yoga class. It was really alignment based and a lot of shoulder work, which made getting into handstand at the end of class all the more difficult. It's so nice to be getting back on my mat though. My goodness, last week with hardly any exercise killed me!

Monday night I assisted, got home a little late and lost my motivation to practice at home. Sad pants.

Tuesday night. Much needed catchup dinner with a friend and a trip to target meant no time for exercise. As I wrote this out earlier in the week, I started to get depressed.

Wednesday night I had a chiropractor appointment. I knew I would miss the 6pm power yoga class, so I almost resigned myself to another night off. I could have gone to the gym with Tim, but nothing there sounded good. I didn't want to try to run on the treadmill or elliptical for a half hour. But finally, around 8, I rolled out my mat and put in my P90X2 yoga DVD.

Thursday we were back at my mom's for yoga. I wrote a little about my plans for this night in my endorphins post. I didn't end up going on a jog afterward because it was kinda late, but I did get to do some yoga and that was lovely.

Friday night T and I put on our lazy pants and didn't want to get in the car to go to the gym. After about an hour of lazing about on the couch, I put in my X2 core DVD and got going. Since I hadn't done it in ages, it was pretty tough, but awesome nonetheless. 

Saturday morning I got up early for some Power Yoga. It felt pretty amazing after all was said and done. We did ardha chandrasana at the wall to work on our form without compromising balance. I liked it so much, I had my class do it later that afternoon. That's the 5th class I've taught ever, by the way.

I have been especially thankful for P90X2 this week - those nights that I couldn't be bothered to leave the house, walking up to the dining room and putting in a DVD saved me.

How was your week of exercise? How do you feel about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment