Thursday, June 12, 2014

Currently; June 2014



First of all, Happy Birthday to my baby sister! She turns 27 today! Though to me, she will be 22 forever.

Since I let out some pretty big news last week, this month's currently post is gonna be a little different than usual. Just a smidge.

Currently, I'm...

Reading...
I finished A Long Way Down a little while back. My friend also lent me her copy of Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Though I'm definitely not a fan of Jenny McCarthy, I enjoyed the book and read it in a single afternoon while I was on my staycation.
I've also been slowly working my way through the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. I love reading about this stuff. I loved reading about pregnancy before I was pregnant. Now I have the best excuse.
I downloaded Divergent onto my kindle. Don't judge me. I started and finished it in about a week. I enjoyed it. It was fun, but I don't see what the big deal is. I had a bit of a tough time getting into it. Even though it was an easy read, I felt like I wasn't connecting to the character and I didn't really care what happened to her. By the middle, I was more into it though. I'm hoping to start the next one in a day or two.

Watching...
We saw the latest Xmen movie when it came out. I see about 3 movies a year, so this was a big deal. I also just saw Maleficent with my sisters on Monday. I like the trend of female antiheroes saving their loved ones happening in film lately. It's not perfect. I know a lot of feminists have their panties in a bunch about why these women aren't just outright heroes, but I like the humanity of it all.
and Game of Thrones... well... the champion fight episode... it tore my heart out and stomped it into a million tiny pieces... more than any other episode ever - maybe since that first episode when we all realized that everyone we like is going to die.
This image makes me feel a little better though.


Listening to...
I accidentally took like 2 months off of listening to podcasts, the last week or so I've been getting back into them. I really love having them on while I clean up around the house. I also have a new song to add to my list of favorites (until it's inevitably overplayed and I don't like it anymore): Dangerous by Big Data

Struggling with...
I'm finally getting my energy back, but these on and off heatwaves are killing me. Plus I have headaches almost every day. Stupid hormones. Since I'm officially in the second trimester they're not as bad as they used to be, but daaaaang, what is up, headaches? Can we do something about this? I'm not gonna take all the Tylenol.

Inspired by...
I sat down in front of Pinterest a little while back and just started reading inspirational yoga quotes. I was looking for something to post to Instagram for my class later that night, but I found so much more. Like this...
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles. It takes away today's peace. 
or
Those  who don't believe in magic will never find it. 
My workouts are...
I would be so excited to start P90X2... but I'm sick of working out in my house. I'm starting it next week though. We shall see. We shall see. I don't really know how much of the workouts I'll be able to do. It a lot of core work and a lot on the floor, if I remember correctly. I'm trying to be excited nonetheless. Bring on X2!
I've also been trying to run more since I upped my goal for my 30 by 30 to 300. I only have thirty-something miles to go, but I haven't been able to run further than 2 miles at a time in a few months.

Eating...
Some days I'm great and can eat everything. Other days I survive on toast, rice, and potatoes. My stomach is just the weirdest. Especially now that my organs are all moving around to accommodate baby, I find I get full really fast, and if I eat too much I end up not feeling good.

Planning...
Little sis is here. We had a sister day on Monday. We saw a movie and went to dinner. Next week I've got a massage and spa date with my good friend. I've been looking forward to it since we booked it back in April. We'd originally planned it for April, but we had to postpone when I found out I was pregnant. Most spas won't take women in their first trimester - even though there's no scientific study linking massage to miscarriage, they don't want to be liable. I guess I get it, but I think it's dumb.

Teaching...
Five days a week, plus. I plan on teaching until I physically can't. ;) I've been subbing a lot too - at the yoga studio, as well as few local gyms. I'm loving my Sunday and Monday privates.

What are you upto?

No comments:

Post a Comment