Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Life Update; Things Are Happening



Do you remember how I fell a few months back? Pull up bar crashed to the ground and all of my workouts in subsequent weeks were heavily impacted by my limited mobility.

I think it was the universe telling me to dial it back on the workouts.
It took me about 2 weeks to get back to normal, and in the midst of all that, I learned something kind of huge.

WE MADE A TINY HUMAN!

Friday is 14 weeks. Yoga baby is due to make his or her arrival early December 2014.

These last few weeks have been absolutely flying by.
It's been really hard to not tell you guys. I didn't even want to make a big announcement. Part of me thought, "what if I just slipped it in casually?" I mean, I'm not doing much in the way of real life announcements - mostly because I am not big on lots of in person attention. Telling one or two people at a time has been perfect. I didn't even do a facebook post about it. If you saw my instagram, that's the extent of it.



So, I've had a few weeks to figure out how I want to transition into posting bump updates... because I can't be a pregnant lady with a blog and not do some kind of bump update, right?

Especially since this blog's content has a lot to do with my body - eating and exercising. There has been and will continue to be a huge content shift.

My weekly workout posts are going to stay, but I'm thinking I will move them to Wednesday, and I will probably do biweekly bump updates on Fridays because weekly gets monotonous... I think. Maybe that's just me.

This is all still super surreal. Seeing the baby on the ultrasound at week 9 was incredible. I may have gotten a little misty eyed. I felt a bit like we made the whole thing up until that point.

I had my second appointment yesterday and met with the midwife. I got to see the baby again - this time they were kicking and flipping and throwing their hands up in the air like they just don't care. My baby is an acrobat/total show off.



For the record, yes, I went to the wine festival last month, and no, I did not drink. I smelled everything though. ;)

One of the apps I downloaded for my phone lets me store all my bump photos together - starting at week 4...

Doesn't look like much is happening, but look how flat my tummy looks up at weeks 4 and 5




The regular bump stats...

Week 13

Cravings: For the first 3 or 4 weeks that I knew about the baby, I really wanted cheeseburgers all the time. Around weeks 9 and 10, I wanted pizza all the time, but the most consistent thing is that I've been having an apple or a nectarine almost every day - a really cold crunchy one. They're so good.

Aversions: I had a hard time smelling spices when I was cooking for a little while. Not so much now.
So far, I can eat anything I'm allowed to eat, and sometimes certain things just plain don't sound good. This is really hard for my husband. I'm usually not super picky and just let him cook how he wants (even though I've actually been doing most of the cooking recently), but lately I've been more vocal about what does and does not sound good, so deciding what to have for dinner has been more of a challenge.

Nausea: Started to set in around week 7, but I didn't do much puking. You know that feeling you get when you have to wake up at 3am to catch a 6am flight and your stomach is all uneasy and you maybe have a dull headache? I basically felt like at some point every day. I only threw up when I overdid it. Then I didn't just throw up though, I was down for the count - migraines, curled up in a ball on the couch with an ice pack, the whole deal.

Gender: When I was not even 5 wks, one of the women in my Sunday yoga class told me she had a dream that I was pregnant with a baby girl. First of all, I hadn't told anybody. Second, CREEPY! and third, I've always thought I would have boys, but now I'm thinking it might be a girl. Also, Tim is convinced its a girl. I have no clue.
We should find out at my next appt in a few weeks though. Personally, I would be perfectly happy not knowing until the baby is born, but hubs wants to know, and since it's likely he would not be able to keep it a secret from me, we're finding out.

Energy: What's that? I'm still managing to work out most days though. There's some miracle afoot. Lots of days I still feel like the walking dead though.

Missing: Right off the bat, I missed wine and runny eggs. Then the list of foods I'm not supposed to eat and my husband's paranoia started piling up, so now I feel like I miss everything. I'd really like a salami and capicola sandwich, or some sushi. Thanks.



I guess that's all for now. I've got other things so say about this whole "being pregnant" business, but I'll address them as they come up. For now, I'm so so so excited, and hubby is so so so excited, and Panda is the queen of snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment