Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Thoughts



The last two weeks have been kind of exceptional when it came to my be happy post. I actually planned them in advance. I knew exactly what I wanted to say, so when Thursday morning rolled around, all I had to do was hit publish.

Life has gotten away from me this week. Lots of talking and planning, but not a lot of change in the day-to-day activity. I've fallen pretty far behind on our meditation challenge, but I am still managing to work them into my evenings here and there.

So, this morning on my way to work I was thinking what could I write about that would help us all (I'm totally including myself in here) better understand where I am on my happiness journey and I had a little tiny epiphany.

One of the things I've been struggling to get started as part of my happy at home project is the one line a day journal. Weird, right? I've been writing on my blog at least 4 days a week, but I can't take 30 seconds to write one line in my journal?

I found my road block and then I - just as easily - crushed it.

How would I sum up my entire day in one sentence? Would it be sufficient to say "Today was good", "Today was bad", or "Today we went on a walk"?  And the conclusion I came to is that it doesn't really matter.

Here I am in this place when I am trying to see the best in everything. So when I finally sit down to write my one line a day, coming up with something I'm grateful for, or a line to summarize the day should be easy - especially since who the heck said I have to limit myself to one line? If I want to write two or three because I think it will be more fulfilling, no one is going to stop me.

I also realized that by trying to focus on the positive - "Today I made bread pudding to celebrate" - I can look back at my journal and see the happy, and I'll be more likely to err towards happy in my less than awesome moments.

Remember this is a linkup. Make sure to follow some of the links below to see how these amazing ladies are doing with their happiness projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment