Saturday, March 23, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 12



Sunday was boxing again. I am really starting to love it. It's majorly exhausting, but so much fun.

Monday there was a sub in 2/3 vinyasa flow. Class was nothing like the regular teacher's classes. You could tell the teacher wasn't as experienced teaching though. It was weird for me to be able to identify that about her. She did a good job. She just asked us for our feedback a lot, and it was a TOUGH CLASS - lots of arm balances, and repeated standing splits to jackknife squats, like, whoa.

Tuesday night we were back for "blow the doors off the gym Tuesday" - total fit body followed by yoga flow. I can't believe how quickly those two hours go by. It's like my whole evening is just POOF gone. I definitely felt like I got a good workout though.

Wednesday night I was back in 2/3 vinyasa flow. I was so happy because this weeks class, while similar, managed to be very different from the last 4 classes I took from this teacher.

Thursday night I taught my class, and then made a quick trip to the gym to see if I could jog for a little while on the treadmill. I was not really feeling it, but I did manage to go about a mile and a half before stepping off. I was a little disheartened because I was supposed to be training for my 10K on Saturday and I just couldn't get my motivation up.

Friday I thought I would give it another try. I told myself I had to run at least 5K to feel ready for the run the next morning. So, as much as I love combat cardio, I decided to skip it in favor of training... and searching for the camel pack we bought for our honeymoon. I managed to run a 5k on the treadmill and even made pretty good time. T wasn't ready to go by the time I was done, so I lifted weights for a little bit, but I wasn't really feeling it, so we went home.

Saturday morning I got up crazy early, drove to Agoura, and ran a 10k. I have enough to say about that that it deserves its own post. ;) More later, y'all.

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment