Saturday, March 9, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 10


Holy smokes, I did not realize we are already 10 weeks into 2012. The year is 1/5th of the way over and I feel like it just started.

Sunday T and I went to a boxing class together. It was tough! There was a guy who picked people out at random and we got to hit his mitts while he pushed us really hard. It was intense. One thing I learned though, is that I cannot share a heavy bag with my husband. He is so strong, he moves the whole bag when he hits, so I spent a lot of time trying to avoid getting hit by the bag. I couldn't ask him to hit softer because then what kind of workout would he get? It was almost a ruiner, but overall the class was good and a definite learning experience.

Monday I activated my month of classes at Yogaworks, beginning with a level 2/3 Vinyasa Flow class. We did handstands, which I'm working on, but aren't really a priority for me right now. Plus by the time we got to them, my arms were soooooo tired.

It was "blow the doors off the gym" Tuesday again this week - total fit body followed by yoga flow. I love it so much. Such a wonderful combination.

Wednesday was my big sister's birthday. :) I got up early and made her a cake and a bag full of frozen burritos so that I wouldn't have to worry about those things later and I could get to the 2/3 vinyasa flow class that night. I was a little disappointed only because it was almost exactly the same class she taught on Monday. It made me appreciate some of my other teachers and the variety with which they teach.

Thursday I planned to get up early for a 7am yoga class, but when 6am rolled around I realized I didn't have my stuff together, I decided to go back to sleep since rushing around to get out of the house by 615 sounded pretty awful. That night I was supposed to teach Intro to Yoga, but that class needs some major marketing. My only student was my mom. We just hung out for an hour. I managed to get about 40 minutes of yoga practice in there, and she helped me take the pictures for my next pose breakdown post.

Friday we went out to celebrate my big sister's and T's little brother's birthday in Santa Monica. So, there was no gymming, but the food was delicious.

and Saturday I got back to IPY for Linda's Power Yoga class. It was tough. I forgot my towel, and actually ended up stepping out of the room for a minute just to dry off. I picked a good moment though. She was letting everyone take a little breather. I just needed to get the sweat out of my eyes. Sheesh.

How was your week? Did you get some good workouts in? I'm pretty excited for tomorrow, but you'll have to wait until next week to hear about it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment