Saturday, March 2, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 9


Sunday I went to a self defense workshop at the studio. It was intense. There were eight of us in the class and we took turns having him attack us so that we could basically stab him with a kubotan, and run away.

Monday I got a pedicure, which had the opposite of the desired effect and put me in a bad mood. I got home and cleaned for a little while before going a little nutso on the bedroom floor and claiming it as my at-home yoga space. Then I did a solo practice for about 50 minutes. I did headstand last before calling it a night, which I knew was a bad call as soon as I got into bed and was the opposite of sleepy. FYI, headstand will wake your sh*t up if you do not take the time to do some twists or a bridge or something before ending your practice.

Tuesday night I went a little crazy. There was a 630 total fit body class I wanted to try, so I took that. It was a lot of everything. Seriously, I don't think there was a muscle I didn't work - lunging, pushups, planks, curls, press, squats, everything. But then afterward I thought, "Oh, I'm only a little sweaty and tired, I should be able to do an hour of yoga". It was a struggle, but it felt so good. The next morning, my legs were communicating that I should not do anything like that ever again.

Wednesday I managed to make it to Power Yoga. It was bittersweet for a couple of reasons. Yoga is always awesome, but 1) It was my last free class at the studio. Now that the training is over, I'll have to start paying for my classes again. And, 2) My legs were still angry at my from the day before.

Thursday night was Yoga at my mom's. It was pretty mellow, but nice since I had worked the heck out of my legs the two previous nights.

Friday night was back at Combat Cardio. I don't know if it was just me being majorly out of practice, but man, she worked us hard.

It was late in the day before we finally got out of the house on Saturday. I taught my class from 4 to 5 and then met T at the gym. The main studio was empty so we, along with a handful of other folks took it over for around an hour of "freestyle". I stuck to yoga, but I managed to really challenge myself, which was pretty dang cool.

How was your week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment