Monday, March 10, 2014

Kitchen Adventures; Chia Seed Pudding 2 Ways



I've been a little frustrated on the diet front lately. I try to eat healthy (mostly clean) and I calorie count. There's a little bit of a taboo with calorie counting, but it helps me track my energy input and output, and I can do it on my phone with myfitnesspal so I don't have to be "that guy". I work part time in the fitness industry, so part of my job is to actually be a fit person, (that sh*t cray) but I've got a killer sweet tooth and a deep love for fried food. So while I am strong, my thighs touch *GASP* (this fitness goal is abhorrent to me, by the way) and I do not have six pack abs.
Back to the point - I'm trying to find healthier options to curb my sweet tooth and comfort food cravings. I'm also working really hard to eat less dairy, which is so tough because cheese is one of my favorite things on the planet.



Chia seed pudding has been out in the universe for a while now, and last week - after my coworker came in raving about a "just add liquid" type mix she found at Whole Foods, I decided it was time to give it a go.



We had even just been talking about tapioca pudding a few days earlier, so I thought the timing couldn't be more perfect.

I decided to make two flavors because, well... there are two of us. I love things that taste like cinnamon and hubs loves all things dark chocolate, and I only had two of these perfect little bowls.

I was a little worried about the powders mixing in evenly, but that problem was easily solved with a whisk.

Chia seed pudding is so easy to make. The waiting is the hardest part.



This stuff is amaze-balls. I don't even like that expression, I just couldn't say amazing again. It's "like whoa" good. The vanilla version looks kinda gross - like tiny alien soup - but, especially with that cinnamon, it tastes like rice pudding and I could eat it all day long.

Chia Seed Pudding 2 Ways

Vanilla Cinnamon
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vanilla almond coconut milk (I used unsweetened Almond Breeze)

Chocolate
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used high fat dutch processed)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup vanilla almond coconut milk

Combine ingredients in a bowl (a whisk helps get it all even), cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, stirring every hour or so.

Consume. ;P

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete