Friday, March 14, 2014

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 10



I just need to acknowledge real quick that we are 10 weeks into 2014. WTF, mate? That's all.
Now for my recap!

Wednesday morning I taught mommy & baby, which was a blast, as aways. That night I tried something new! A friend of mine is a fitness instructor at Equinox. She usually teaches barre classes, but she also added a circuit training class called Adrenaline recently. And sometimes, when I ask nicely, she lets me tag along and take her classes. This week I decided to try her adrenaline class. It was haaaaard. There were a couple of moves that I kind of thought of as breaks though - throwing a kettle bag across the room and chasing it (break move) and thrusters (break move) - plie jump, and tricep dips (not break moves). I was majorly sore the next day.

Thursday night I made it out to the WHAC for yoga and boxing. I kept needing to remind myself to get out of my head in yoga. I was getting frustrated with the people around me. There were a couple of brand new yogis in class - which I am ALL FOR - and it didn't bother me in the slightest that they were asking questions that the whole class could hear. It bothered me that one of them just KEPT TALKING. She wasn't even talking to anyone, she was just saying things - mostly about herself, sarcastic things and self deprecating things that just kept pulling me out of the zone. So, I kept having to remind myself that getting frustrated with her was not very yogi of me and to let it go, but it wasn't easy.

Friday morning I woke up and was uninspired, but I told myself I would run 4 miles on the treadmill - and I tweeted about it to give myself that extra push. That night, after a long day of work, it took every ounce of energy I had just to get into the car and to the gym. I probably wouldn't have gone at all if not for my hubs. Once there, I was still wiped out and I walked the first quarter mile I was on the treadmill, but then I tore it up. By the end of 4 miles running, I'm pretty sure I died, but it was so worth it.

Saturday I tagged along with my honey for a bit on his weight lifting regime.  elliptical for 30 minutes and some weight lifting with my hubs. We did some bench and then I maaaay have wonked up my shoulder, so I called it and went to the elliptical for 30 minutes.

Sunday morning I taught early (which felt crazy early because of the time change) and then I was out near my aunt's office, so I stopped by to visit her for a bit... unfortunately this meant I had to skip my workout that afternoon. I was bummed, but I hardly see her anymore, so it was worth it.

I had two classes to teach on Monday - my regular 8:15am class, and a special complimentary class at lululemon at 7:30pm. So that I could still get some exercise, I opted to take Panda on a quick jog with me around a local apartment complex. They have a (roughly) one mile track that goes all the way around. Panda doesn't run with me much, so she was a huge pain, but she was so excited to be out with me and running around, I couldn't begrudge her for it. We ran somewhere between 2.5 and 3 miles before controlling her was where the bulk of my energy was going and I decided to call it a run. I had just enough time to shower and change before running off to lulu.

Tuesday night I got some quality time with one of my closest friends. We took our pups on a walk around her neighborhood. I wore my heartrate monitor and used runkeeper to track our pace and calorie burn. We walked pretty slow for the most part - probly around 3.2-3.5 mph, but we were out for about an hour and a half, so I felt like even though I wasn't a worn out, sweaty mess, I still got some decent exercise.

How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment