Thursday, January 31, 2013

Almost Certified


Last night I took the final exam for my yoga teacher training program. I feel like I was studying forever - cramming every sanskrit name and yoga sutra into my brain like a mad person. Ok, that's a lie. I didn't even know how to study the yoga sutras. There were too many of them and I didn't have a way to cram a basic summary into my brain, like I did with everything else.

Not important.

Here's the meat: I've since changed it, but on my "about me" page, I used to have a semi lengthy little blurb about being in a transition period and getting out of bad stuff so I can do things that make me happy. It was hard for me to write initially because seeing it written out as a 28 year old who was still searching for herself made me feel like a little bit of a failure. It's been a journey on it's own learning to feel like no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I'm still a success and I still have a ton of things going for me.

Getting my yoga teacher certification is the first thing I've done that makes me feel like I'm doing something right. It's the first career based decision I've made since graduating college that I haven't constantly second guessed. As soon as I finish my outside hours and turn them in, I'll get a little certificate that allows me to walk into gyms and yoga studios and ask them to hire me.

Anyway, I think that's pretty amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment