Monday, January 28, 2013

Kitchen Adventures; Coconut Mango Muffins

A little while back, mangos were on sale at Sprouts. I love mango, so we bought some, but the weather had been cold, so my usual go to mango recipe for froyo wasn't sounding like such a good idea.
It needed to be something hot to counter this cold and raininess. 

Pinterest was inspiring, but I didn't find any recipes that sounded amazing. In the end, I resorted to Google and found this recipe. I made some slight alterations to suite myself and got baking.

First, I feel like I should just tell you these muffins are AMAZING. The mango is not overwhelming and there us a beautiful hint of coconut, highlighted when you sprinkle a little bit on top. So yummy.
This is what I did...

I peeled and chopped a mango. I was going to do 2, but then decided we didn't need 16-18 muffins around, so I cut the recipe in half and only used one.



Then I pureed it. My new favorite thing is my Cuisinart Smartstick. It does everything.




Then I covered the counter with boring ingredients.



Combined everything in a bowl, mixed it up, and scooped into a muffin pan.


AND BAKE!


And if you're like me and you have zero patience, eat.






Here's what you need and how to make them for yourself...

Recipe adapted from Food Republic
Makes 8-10 muffins
Preheat oven to 375 and prepare your muffin tin, by inserting papers or lightly greasing/spraying the tin.

Ingredients:
1 mango, pureed
1 egg
1/4 c. sour cream
7/8 c. AP flour (yes, I know they don't make 1/8 cups, you can estimate)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, combine pureed mango, sour cream, coconut oil, vanilla and egg. Whisk until evenly combined. Add sugar. Whisk.
Switch to a spoon or spatula, add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir until evenly combined. Batter will be lumpy.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until they start to brown slightly. Check to make sure they are cooked through by piercing one with a fork or skewer.
Allow to cool, and enjoy!

This week, I'm joining the Now Bake This Linkup! Click the linkup button to go back to Heart on Homestead and see what everyone else baked this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete