Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 3 HAH Update





This week a bunch of the Be Happy crew is at Alt. I know they're having an amazing time and I am with them in spirit. I can't wait to hear about all the Alt Summit adventures and things that they've learned.
I am home this week, and since I'm home - enjoying my space that, though messy, I love - I thought I would give you a little update into how I'm doing with my Happy at Home project.


1. Make your bed. I've been pretty good about this. I don't do it every day, but I've been making the bed pretty regularly and its so nice to crawl into a freshly made bed every night.

2. Bring every room back to "ready." It's been a challenge continuing to do this every day. The rooms want to be messy. Plus, after we got the new dresser in the bedroom, we ended up with a few piles of clothes to give away, but decided we would come back to them at a later date to make sure we were ready to part with them. We still haven't done that. So, there are giant piles of "giveaway" clothes all over the floor. Kind of a bummer. Other than that though, the rest of the house has been in a pretty consistent state of "ready", especially after last weekend, when Tim cleaned out the guestroom in case some friends wanted to stay the night.

3. Display sentimental items around your home. Still doing good here.

4. Start a one-line-a-day gratitude journal. Still haven't started this. :/

5. If you can't get out of it, get into it. Still my favorite thing ever. I love not being cranky when I clean the kitchen.

6. Before you get up each morning, set an intent for the day. This is awesome. You should do it too. It's so easy.

7. Do small favors for your housemates, expecting nothing in return. (not even a thank you) I've gotten into this a little bit, but nothing notable really. I took a page out of my friend, Kim's, book and recognized that when I clean up around the house, I'm really doing it for myself. Yes, Tim likes when the house is clean, but he's also perfectly OK walking around in a mess. Every time I clean, I'm doing a small favor for myself.

8. Call at least one friend or family member a day. You know how I feel about this.

9. Spend money on things that cultivate experiences at home.  I've been on the hunt for a table to put in the entry way - something I can throw my purse on when I get home, rest my coffee on while I lock/unlock the door, and has a drawer so we don't have to have dog poo-bags hanging around looking all pretty and plastic. Still haven't found the right one. I'm hoping to stay under $100, so it hasn't been an easy search.
I'm also thinking about taking another trip out to my grandparents' storage space to get some bedside tables that match my new-to-me dresser. It's just a matter of getting out there.

10. Spend a few minutes each day connecting with something greater than yourself. This has been easier now that I'm learning to see the divine in everything. That Bhakti yoga class really had a profound impact on me. I am so much happier thinking about myself and those around me as Love. It's really wonderful. I'm not exactly a Bhakti yogi, but I believe in what they stand for.


No comments:

Post a Comment