Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kitchen Adventures; Peach Blueberry Pie


Y'all, this weekend we cleaned out the garage - whole separate post on that coming soon - but for some reason, on Monday - despite my complete and utter exhaustion - I thought it would be a great idea to make a pie to take over to my parent's house for their Memorial Day barbecue.


It basically came down to me running around like chicken with her head cut off, trying to throw together this pie without a real recipe, not to mention I had agreed to sub a yoga class that afternoon. I used this crust recipe. It's my default. I love it so much. Just double it to make a covered pie.

Throwing together the crust for this pie baby was more stressful than I thought it would be because I didn't wait for the butter to thaw. It was still pretty frozen when I threw it in the food processor, but I had to make the dough before I taught my class because it needed to go in the fridge for an hour before getting rolled out.

Once I got back from yoga, I threw the peaches and blueberries in a pot with sugar and lemon juice and stirred them periodically while I rolled out the dough.

And then I baked it, let it sit on the counter to cool for about 5 minutes while I changed and cleaned myself up.

Then I put a pillow on my lap and the pie on top of the pillow in the passenger seat of my husband's car, and we went over to my parents to bbq. 

The pie came out great! (but not perfect) Next time I need to cook the peaches down a little more before baking. It came out a little on the watery side, but the flavors were lovely and everyone commented on how delicious it was.


No comments:

Post a Comment