Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fitness Adventure



Hubs and I came back from our glorious weekend away feeling... slightly less than awesome. We ate a total of zero healthy things while on vacation, consumed far too many high calorie alcoholic beverages, and the only exercise we got was from walking back and forth across the (small) city and 40 minutes of kayaking.

On Monday, we got to talking - we feel gross, how are we going to combat this?

The first and most obvious answer is to be more careful on vacation. WATCH WHAT YOU'RE PUTTING IN YOUR BODY!!!

But the next answer is to work hard to feel better now that the damage is done. So we're setting fitness goals... with a twist.

We're setting them for each other. It makes them seem a little ridiculous and unachieveable. We were majorly raising our eyebrows at each other during this conversation, as if to say "seriously??? I don't think you know what you're asking me to do here."


Our goals are as follows:

Alyssa:
Weight: 116 lbs (current weight 126)
15 pull-ups (current max: 2 reg, 20 w/ assist)
200 lb squat (current: unknown)
Run a 7 minute mile (current fastest: 8:30)
Run 10 miles nonstop (current record: 6.2 miles)
and this. (no easily comparable stat)

T:
Weight: 200 lbs
30 pull-ups
405 bench
495 deadlift
315 squat
30 pull-ups
2 muscle-ups

Deadline: August 1, 2013

The agreement is that we try our best and do not give up. Do I really think I am going to be able to do 15 pullups in 3 months? Or that yoga video??? HA! I can barely squeak out two pull-ups on a good day and I still use the wall in handstand. But you know what? I am sure as hell going to try.

One of the things trainers and fitness gurus tell you is to set realistic goals. So, this is kind of an experiment. On the one hand, I could say "I want to be able to do handstand away from the wall in two weeks" and if I really dedicated myself, I believe that would be a totally achievable goal. So, what I'm thinking here is that three months of dedication might actually be enough time to get to these goals.

It will certainly be an adventure.

Next month we'll do a little check-in to see how things are going. I'll keep you posted. :)

What do you think? Are we crazy? Do you have a crazy and somewhat achievable goal?

Make sure to follow along below to see how these other amazing ladies are doing on their happiness projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment