Friday, May 31, 2013

Kitchen Adventures; FroYo for Pups

I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but here in the Valley this May is getting hot hot hot. Also, I just realized it's almost June. 

The heat means a couple things...

We start spending the bare minimum amount of time upstairs - where all the heat collects and no matter how high you crank the A/C only the downstairs cools off.

I have to water my plants damn near every day instead of only every few days.

And my poor baby dog who is stuck in the house all day, gets ice water and froyo to cool her down. 

Yes, I give my dog froyo, and yes, I make it myself. 

I start with three of the pup's all time favorite things. 

and I put them in the blender.

She helps me clean. She's very good about it. 


After everything is blended and smooth, we poor it into tiny plastic cups.


Cover them with plastic wrap.

and freeze. I usually throw them in the freezer overnight and they're ready for Panda consumption when I get home from work the next day.

You're amazed by how easy that was, right?



Frozen puppy treats.

Note: I just bought plain old cheap/boring plastic cups. My dog chews them up a little bit, but doesn't eat them. If you have a pup prone to eating the non-edible, you may want to consider a different type of container.
Also, if you noticed, everything in these is human food. So, I sometimes find myself scraping that glob of peanut butter off the side of the blender and eating it. It tastes a little yogurt tangy, but it's still peanut butter. :)

Frozen Yogurt for Puppies
(makes 12 frozen treats)

32 oz. plain yogurt
1 heaping scoop of peanut butter
1 banana (I usually opt for the overripe one we've left on the counter for too long. You can also skip the banana altogether)

Blend, pour, cover, freeze, uncover, give to your pup on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment