Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Livermore Wine Country Festival 2013



There's been a lot of travel and business going on around these parts, and it's going to continue for a little while. Memorial Day weekend is looking to be my first "free" weekend since before tax day - and even then we're planning to clean out the garage and bbq with my family.

My honey has been missing his BFF. So much so that after we planned this trip up North to see them, a countdown started and shouting in all caps would show up on our facebook feeds.

"42 DAYS!!!"

There's an intense hetero man-love happening there.

So, I planned it. You know how I was on my crazy vacation planning kick? I was planning outings all stacked on top of one another. I needed to get me out of town.

This weekend Livermore hosted its annual wine country festival. They close off downtown and all the local wineries come out, set up booths, and folks walk around with their glasses and taste all the wine they can possibly dream of.

Hub's BFF and his lady have three babies - age 7, 4, and 6 months - all of whom are amazing, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. This post is about our adventures in Livermore - starting with the oldest boy's little league game on Saturday morning.






And I, for some reason, forgot to put sunscreen on my face, so this was how I protected my forehead. Awesome.


We made a quick run back to the hotel for sunscreen and then headed downtown for adventures in wine and beer.





These two and this go-cart.























Just to give you an idea how much these two love each other...




They're even sporting their matching Chive shirts.

They had these sweet reusable water bottles. You buy the bottle for $5 (cheaper than the ones you can get at Target) and can refill it for free at any of the stations around the festival. They actually turned people away if they didn't have this bottle.

We had a lot of fun. You can tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment