Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ventinove; On Being a Big Kid @ Almost 29



30 seconds ago I realized my birthday is the day after tomorrow. Every day its a shock that its a whole day closer.

29 isn't a big deal. There's not a huge difference between 28 and 29, really.
So, my birthday is on Saturday and last night my husband asked me how it feels to be 29.

Ok, first, if we're going to get nitpicky, TECHNICALLY I am not 29 yet, but on a very real level I feel the same as I felt the last 3 or 4 months - like I'm in my late late 20's - and at the same time, I'm still very much a kid.

Earlier this week, I was looking at fancy restaurants trying to pick the one I wanted to go to to celebrate my big day (as a grown up), and I kept getting frustrated. Don't get me wrong, I love me some fancy meals. The lavender goat cheese with honey at Church & State downtown may be one of my favorite foods on the planet ever, but the more restaurants I looked at, the less I felt like celebrating.

Then my husband gave me an ultimatum. I pick one soon and be happy about it, or we were going bowling for my birthday.

and I was so relieved!

I felt like I'm an adult, so I have to have an adult birthday. My response to that is SHUT UP! I want to play!

And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Cocktails, mozzarella sticks, dancing around to loud top 40, and bowling.

Happy birthday to me!


This is a linkup. Make sure to follow the links to some amazing ladies' journeys to everyday happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment