Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Currently; July 2013



Currently, I'm...

Reading...
I dove back into the Sookie Stackhouse books that I used to be addicted to 4 years ago. On my trip home from Portland I downloaded the last two books in the series. They are so wonderfully trashy. I love them. Easy to read. Easy to pick sides. Only hate the bad guy. Characters still do stupid things, but in a warm and likable kind of way. 

Watching...
True blood is back, which is a little weird to watch as I read the later books in the series and see just how far the show has diverged from the books. We're also loving the final season of Dexter, and we're a couple episodes into Ray Donovan now and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I like it, but I care about the relationships and not the big drama with his dad being back. Last week, while I was sick and stayed home from work 3 days. I spent those days attached to the couch marathoning old episodes of Buffy and Bones. 

Listening to... 
Podcasts mostly, but I've been using the heck out of our shared data, so I'm trying to cut back and just listen to the radio and my ipod more. 

Struggling with...
Umm...training for a half marathon. Gosh, running is boring. And I can't seem to find a good time of day. I've been so busy

Planning...
Mini trip to Vegas is planned. My mom and I had a collective mini panic attack when we realized that my sister's nursing school graduation is the same weekend hubs and I were planning to get out of town to celebrate our birthdays. Luckily, her graduation is in the afternoon on Friday and we don't leave until late that night. PHEW!

Teaching...
A ton. It's about to calm down like crazy though. I got a lot of requests to sub recently - one teacher going out of town and another with an injury. I am so so SO happy to do it, but its completely exhausting, especially since I don't just go home and relax and build classes afterward - I still have to go to work. 

Inspired by...
Being outdoors. This weekend I got out my easel and did some work on a painting I started ages ago. I've also been trying to ride my bike around more. I love being out on my bike. I love the air and the peacefulness. Maybe I can bike ride my half marathon. HA! (not really)

Confused about...
My birthday. It's in less than 2 weeks, which is all fine and dandy, but people are asking me what I want and what I want to do, but I don't want things. I told T to buy himself a bike so he can ride with me. I'm also turning 29, which is kind of just another year... and I pretty much already tell people I'm 29 - I am actually turning 29, not turning 29 again. ;)


What are you up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment