Saturday, July 13, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 28



This week I'm in bizarro mode. My honey brought home a brutal cold that knocked him out most of the weekend and took me out of commission for the better part of the week. I finally made it back to work on Thursday, but as for exercise, there was hardly any.
I did get to do some teaching, which helped me get my yoga quota in for the week, but it was so strange and surreal to not be able to exercise.

Sunday I had a hint of a cold - tightness in the back of my throat when I woke up that morning - but I thought I should sweat it out and I went to Power Boxing with my aunt and sister. It felt fantastic and I'm still glad I did it.

But by the time Monday rolled around, I was no good to anyone. NyQuil and the couch were by BFFs. I spent the next 3 days marathoning old episodes of Buffy and Bones. I guess I was on a David Boreanaz kick.

Wednesday I thought I was better and got up to teach my class. Luckily I was smart enough not to make direct contact with anyone in class or even get that close to them because as soon as I got home, I collapsed into bed and when I finally got up it was an effort for me to relocate to the couch. But it looks like that one day of rest was all I needed because by 7pm that night I was up making cookies and prepping bagels, which is good because I'd gotten a call to sub a few more classes and I'd agreed even though I had no idea how I'd be feeling. :/

Thursday morning I taught a class at 7:30am, went to work, and then taught another class at 7pm. I still wasn't feeling up to physical exertion, but walking around and telling other people what to do, I could handle. :)

Friday I was up at 6am to teach, then went to work, and was back at the gym to teach again at 430pm. My first class had one person and my second had TWENTY! So crazy to teach such different classes on the same day... and amazing, as always...totally amazing.

Saturday I just ran errands and prepped for Sunday, which you'll hear all about next week. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment