Friday, August 2, 2013

30 x 30; Get CPR Certified



I put getting CPR certified on my 30 x 30 list before I learned that most gyms require you to have it before they'll let you teach fitness classes.

So... wanting to teach yoga at a gym kind of gave me the kick in the butt that I needed to sign up. The way it worked out, I found a class on my birthday. It didn't really bother me that I'd spend my birthday morning watching CPR videos and practicing on a dummy, and anyway, I can save lives now - and I feel like my future children are safer.

The coolest part for me personally, is that I can make the mommies in my mommy & baby yoga classes feel safer. Since I'm also certified in infant CPR, God forbid something happens, I can be there to help effectively.

I feel like more of a contributing member of society now - less a helpless bystander.

No comments:

Post a Comment