Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kitchen Adventures; Strawberry Mango Popsicles



I'm struggling with the reality that it's August already.

Last weekend, hubs and I bought a watermelon. Goal number one was to juice it and make delicious watermelon cocktails, which we did. Hubs made them though. I merely enjoyed.

What I did do, was get out a mango that was nearing the end of its shelf life and half of a giant box of strawberries and juice them. The thing about juicing a mango though... you don't get much juice out of it - you do, however, get quite a lot of pulp.

I was inspired.




Since strawberry juice is one of my favorite things ever - more so then even strawberries themselves - and I have been dying to make popsicles, I scooped some mango pulp into popsicle molds and then poured my strawberry mango juice over them.

... with fingers crossed, but really, how can you go wrong with strawberries and mango?


No question these were going to be amazing - even more so because of the added texture the mango gives it.

I love. New favorite snack.

Want to make your own strawberry mango pops? Recipe makes 6 perfect popsicles.

You'll need...

About 15 medium size strawberries, hulled
1 mango, peeled and cut into chunks
Juice extractor

Juice your mango first. Then open up your extractor and get the pulp out. Set it aside.
Juice the strawberries into the same container as your mango. You can save the strawberry pulp if you want too. Nothing wrong with that.

Scoop about a tablespoon of mango pulp into each popsicle mold. More if you have some leftover. Just divide it evenly between the molds.
Pour the strawberry and mango juice over the pulp into the molds, and freeze them overnight.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment