Thursday, August 1, 2013

Eat Breakfast



Way back, when I joined this crazy group of ladies to link up and be happy, I wrote this post. It's about getting up early and having a leisurely breakfast in the morning.

It made me happier. It really did. I makes me happier, because, yes, I am still getting up early enough to have a calm, relaxing, rejuvenating, wakeful breakfast at my kitchen table. This morning I had a bagel, if you must know.

I pay bills. I read my daily Skimm emails, which I was reading way before Joy the Baker talked about getting her daily scoop alongside waffles, by the by. I can't help if I'm less popular than she is. Not important. In the mornings, I breathe. I wake up and I sip my coffee as the dog sniffs around. Sometimes I glug my coffee, but it's still down right leisurely.

This whole time I'm thinking it's the leisure that makes my mornings happier. I still think that's true, but I talked to a nurse the other day and she told me that 9 times out of 10 when she asks folks if they had breakfast that morning, they say no, and in general, the 10 percent of people who do actually eat breakfast are in significantly better moods when they see her in the morning than folks that skipped breakfast.

Pretty interesting, huh? The simple act of just eating breakfast may have been making me happier.

Though I certainly think the leisure helped too.


No comments:

Post a Comment