Thursday, August 15, 2013

Las Vegas; Summer 2013



So, that's it. I got in my two romantic weekends away, but you're kidding yourself if you think I've had enough. I don't turn 30 for another year. I'm gonna get in as many weekends away as I can! :)

We had a great time in Vegas this weekend. Here's a little run down for ya... with pictures, duh.

We got in late Friday night.

and were pretty blown away by our amazing hotel room. View of everything ever and double sinks in the bathroom.

Even though I was totally wiped out and could have easily crawled into bed for the night, hubs made me go out with him. We adventured on the strip and got those giant boozy slushies everyone is always talking about.

I got the Bellini and he got a Hurricane. I feel like I should put those names in quotes. They were delicious and also terrifying mostly because of the sugar content.

The next morning, we got up earlyish and headed to The Buffet at The Wynn.



We thought we could get the breakfast buffet, but they only do brunch on the weekend. It's more expensive, so in order to get our money's worth, we went back for 2nds and 3rds.

Those cream puffs blew my mind. I kinda sorta wished I'd had plate of only cream puffs. Oh, and those little dumpling looking things are cheese blintzes. Also, totally mind blowing. I can't tell you about the tiny cinnamon roll because I didn't eat it. I was too full by the time I got to it.

We waited and hour and decided to take advantage of the resort fee we were paying and use the Encore Fitness Center.
We worked out hard. We had that giant breakfast to work off, after all.


Then we cleaned up and walked around on the strip for a bit. The Wynn and Encore are at the end of the strip, so we didn't walk down to MGM or New York New York or anything, but we made it up to Paris Las Vegas and Caesars.


Took one of these

And did some playing with the Fast Camera app.




I loved some of the candid ones.

After we'd had enough of the excruciating heat, we got cleaned up to go over to the Rio to see Penn & Teller.
More Fast Camera fun. Who needs to ask someone to take our picture? Not me. ;)


and I wanted to show off my new dress and shoes because I love them so. The back is lace. Wish you could see it better.


The show was great. We had a lot of fun. They're not shy about their political opinions, those guys. 
Since the crowd exiting the theatre was huge, we hung out and played blackjack at the Rio for a bit - lost some money, were annoyed with the drink service, and then decided to head back to our hotel. 
And then the cab line at the Rio was going to take 45 minutes, so we walked a mile back to Caesars, where there was no line and took a cab from there. Me in my new shoes. Oy.

As an aside - if you noticed - you're right, we did not have dinner on Saturday night. We were so full from breakfast, it lasted the whole day. Right before the show started at the Rio, we decided to get a snack, and shared a blueberry scone and Green Machine juice at Starbucks. 

That night I called the concierge about where we could get the best eggs benedict and french toast for breakfast, and he directed me to the Terrace Point Cafe. 
We went there the next morning and had a delicious breakfast overlooking the pool. (see first picture in the post)
I really wanted eggs benedict. 



I was happy. 


We had some time to kill before we had to check out and rush off to the airport, so we just took our time getting on out of there. 

Great old folks weekend in Vegas. No clubs, minimal gambling, just a little booze, and a show. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment