Sunday, August 25, 2013

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 34



Sunday I got up to teach Mommy & baby yoga. The word is getting out, y'all. I am so happy. This week I had a mommy & baby pair that I did not personally convince to come to class! They just showed up! I have the coolest job.
That afternoon, hubs and I went golfing. Not an awesome workout or calorie burn, but later that night I did a set of intense kettle bell squats and leg lifts, a 2 minute plank, and 20 pushups, and then I felt better.

Monday I talked it out with the hubs and decided that I need to increase the length of time I spend on the treadmill or elliptical - turn it into as much mental training for the amount of time as it is physical training. So, I hopped on the elliptical for an hour and 35 minutes. I distracted myself by connecting to wifi and watching Rise of the Guardians on HBOGO.

Tuesday was busy. I had planned a long beach run after work, forgetting that I had an appt to get my hair done at 630 and a half hour drive between the two places. Lucky for me, my parents have a place nearby and I was able to take a short 3 mile run on a small road near the beach, and quickly shower off in time to drive out and get my hair done. Phew!

Wednesday I was back on my mat for the first time in two weeks. I took Power Yoga. It was great to feel stable and strong on my right leg again.

Thursday I taught my class and picked up dog food. I kept dinner light to make up for my lack of exercise.

Friday I finally actually got up early for a run! I ran 4 miles and then headed home to get ready for work. Running early in the morning is rough. I had zero energy, but I pushed through. I tried to run on the asphalt as often as possible to give my knees a slightly softer surface.

Saturday hubs and I went back to the gym. I did a mini "triathlon". I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, biked 30 minutes, and then did another 30 minutes on the elliptical. I was WIPED, but I got up enough energy to do some planks before we headed home.

My half marathon is two weeks away and I am a little freaked out. On the one hand, I really want to push myself to make sure I can  run long distances, but on the other, I'm worried if I push too hard I'll hurt myself. Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment