Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Seven Days of Yoga; Week 27




Wednesday I did the mommy & baby class with my mommies and babies, and then I taught power yoga in the evening, so I didn't have time for a workout on my own, but I felt fine about doing the mommy & baby workout, so that was it for the day.

Thursday I taught and then I took power yoga after. It has been a while since I felt that strong in power yoga. I was still skipping vinyasas and certain poses, but in general I felt great. I did try one pose that I ended up regretting a little bit. It's a twisting arm balance - eka pada koudinyasana II. I got into it, but I have decided that I'm done with that pose for (probably) the rest of 2014. I'm sad to see it go, since I just mastered it, but the belly just don't fit.

Friday I vowed to pathetically attempt advanced cardio barre. I didn't do as bad as I thought I would!!! Yeah, I took a ton of breaks, and my low back and hips (especially my left hip, which has been a jerk lately) were a little achey, but I was able to do most of the workout with relative ease. I modified where I needed to and took all the breaks I needed to. I never felt like I got too hot - that may have been my friend/instructor, Chelsea, though, keeping the fans on high for me. :P I'll have to ask her.

Saturday morning I got up earlyish and headed to spinning. It was a different instructor than I had last time and I didn't like it as much - just a different way of communicating how hard and how fast we were supposed to be going. I didn't hate it by any means, but if given the choice, I choose the guy from last week.

Sunday I drove out to Encino for prenatal yoga. I was a little disappointed that there was going to be a sub, but I still enjoyed the class. I actually ended up running into a girl I knew in high school. It was a small class (they always are smaller with subs) - only 3 students. I got to catch up with a beautiful soul from the days of yore though, so even though small classes sometimes make me feel singled out, I was super happy that I ended up going.

Monday night, after working from home all day and barely getting up except for a doctors appointment, I finally got off my butt and drove out to my friend's house to do yoga. It was good. We did a little ab work, a little flow, but mostly stretching - and we hung out with her (almost) 8 month old, which is always a blast.

Tuesday night I decided to give jogging a go again. I ran a mile, walked a quarter mile, then ran another mile. I had wanted to do the whole thing in one go, but my ankles were not happy with me nearing the end of mile one, so I gave them a break. I actually was thinking I could have run a little further after that second mile, but I was in a rush to go home, so I decided to try another day.

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. You can make $20 for each 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what major companies are paying me for. They need to know what their customer needs and wants. So these companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, myself included, fills out surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete